Saturday, May 5, 2012

Forecast: Sunny and Scary

My last blog was April 24. Today is May 5. In that time I have only been on the tractor for one day. One day. The rest I have spent at home with the Boss staring hopefully, longingly, dejectedly out the window at the rain. And boy howdy has it rained. It has rained so hard every day that there were sometimes that even I was leery about going outside. There were sheets of rain, torrential downpours, thunder that went on and on as if the sky had an empty stomach all night long. Lightening that struck so close that it left me dodging from out building to out building in order to get the the shop. In that time I have written 1/3 of a book that I was not even supposed to start until the kids returned to school next fall, I've fixed the harrow, weeded everything I could find, I've gone out to lunch with the boss a number of times, hunted mushrooms in the mountains, and of course cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. Why does this blog sound boring to you - because it is! I am ready to get back out there and finish this harrowing business. But...be careful what you wish for. I can only presume that I will have more interesting stories to write you next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment