Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary to The Boss

I like to joke about him a lot on here as being The Boss or The Farmer, but today I just want to say Happy Anniversary to My Husband. I am really blessed to have such an amazing, crazy, happy, interesting marriage. We met when we were little because his step-dad and my uncle were in a band together called "Loose Gravel." I still have no idea why this man fell in love with me. All I know is that he says I was about nine years old, which our parents confirm. He said one day his step-dad took him to my uncles house for band practice, and when he saw me in the backyard he said he had tunnel vision and all her could see was me. He told me he has been a hopeless case since then. I honestly don't remember when I fell in love with him. It was probably at one of those band concerts. All I do remember was a dance when we were like 10 or 11 in Tekoa where I thought I would die because I couldn't talk to him, many visits to his mom's house where used an 8-ball to tell our futures, the band picnic where we had our first kiss out behind the barn, getting grounded from the phone as a teenager because we fell asleep talking to one another in the days before long distance was free. I remember waking up that morning, and waking him up too. I guess that was the first time we slept together, right? We went our separate ways because I was determined not to live in this podunk for the rest of my life. I told him that I didn't want to get pregnant and be stuck at home with a bunch of kids while he was at work and then with his friends at the bar. That was the end of it; I didn't even give him a chance. I married someone else when I was 21, and as a result, he did too. He found me again as he was driving down the road and saw me pumping gas at a quick stop. I had been trying to figure out how to tell my family and friends that I was getting a divorce. I hadn't told anyone. He pulled in to say hi and before he could say anything I told him that! Crazy! That is the short of a very long journey, but to end I will tell you that five months later he came to visit me after work. We were reminiscing about our interesting past and I asked him if he ever knew what happened to that 8-ball. That was when he reached under the seat and pulled it out and handed it to me. I asked it then if we would be together forever, and it said yes! Happy anniversary honey...forever won't be long enough. Until we are stars... Love, Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy - I just LOVE your love story! :)
    Congratulations to you and Wave. And all the happiness - always.

    ReplyDelete