Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Can You Break A Boob?


TONIGHTS MENU

BBQ and Frank’s Red Hot Chicken Thighs and Leg Quarters
Peppercini Potato Salad
Blackberry Oatmeal Cookie Topped Crumble


This morning I actually snuck in a 6-mile run. Can you believe it? I sure couldn’t! The rest of the day was spent as per my usual.  I cleaned, I cooked, and then I cleaned some more.

But, enough about that blah, blah, blah, the bigger question of the day is “Can you break a boob?” I’m sure I’m not to only one who has ever wondered, right?

Earlier today, I had sent Jack and his cousin, who has been staying with us, down to feed the pigs, and this afternoon I was worried because when I went down to the barn I couldn’t find the pigs. I thought: Oh great! Those young lads probably got to gabbing and locked the pigs in their pens to feed and forgot about them. Therefore, I walked into the barn and climbed up on the landing to look down into their pens, hoping against all hope that they weren’t lying there on the ground foaming at the mouth dehydrated and half dead. Sure enough, Blu and Porky were each in their pens.

Now, just to be fair, the boys didn’t lock them in. The doors were wide open, but the pigs weren’t really moving around like they normally do when I walk in (I usually have treats!); therefore, I saw a plastic storage bin sitting up against the fence to the pig pens and I decided to climb up onto it to double check.  

Now, do you know that moment that you have when somewhere in the back of your brain the smarter part of you says, “Hey, listen, I wouldn’t climb up there because those plastic Tupperware lids are not exactly made for holding a full person’s weight. Take 2 minutes and walk over and get a step stool.”

But, then there is that other side of you that says, “Ahh, don’t be such a ‘fraidy cat, just hop up there. You aren’t a heavy person, and it will only take 2 seconds, instead of 2 minutes, 2 peek over. Do you really want to waste your precious time taking the time to go and get something more sturdy? Come on girl…toughen up and do it!”

Well, I did it all right. I stepped one foot up on to that storage container (you see where this is going) and then another, and then I leaned ever-so-slightly forward, and just when I could see Blu looking back up at me with those happy pig eyes, I fell. WHAM!! and landed on the thick sturdy wooden fence hitting directly on the bottom of my…yep…my boob!

I hit so hard that Blu and Porky actually, finally, stood to their feet. there, I thought, I got them up, but then I realized that the hit actually knocked the wind out of me, and all I could think was: Didn’t I break a rib once before with the 4-H animals by listening to that exact same "toughen-up-and-do-it" voice in my head? You bet I did!

So, I saw The Boss pull up! YEEEAAA! Someone who will give me sympathy, so of course I walked over to him and had to ask: "Hey Babe? Can you break a Boob?" 

He just smiled at me, shook his head, and said, “Were you in with the animals again.”

As I grabbed my side and tried to take a deep breath, I acquiesced, “Well, yeah. So?”

"And didn't you break a rib with the animals once before?" 

I nodded. I had already thought that, but wasn't going to admit it fully. 

“Honey," he laughed. "Maybe you better take it easy for the day.”

To which I quickly responded, “The hell I will! I’m not letting those animals win. Not this year!” 

That was when my dear husband smiled at me and said, “I know. I know.”










No comments:

Post a Comment